Pop Testing 3.0, the surveillance testing program launched for Spring 2021, is the expanded testing program for USC faculty, staff, students and approved campus residents and contractors. Saliva collection will be used for specimen analysis; anterior nasal swab will be added at a later date. See the Pop Testing 3.0 Quick Guide.
Tests are PCR (polymerase chain reaction) and resulting typically returns in 24 hours; Keck Medicine of USC Clinical Laboratories is providing the laboratory services for this program, replacing the Color testing program for most individuals. Log in using your USC NetID and password.
- Schedule your test through the secure health records portal, MySHR.
- For users new to the portal, please see the Quick Guide for MySHR.
- If you are an HSC degree program student or off-site program previously moved to the unmonitored program (“unobserved self-collection” group through Color), your testing will currently continue with this service.
Note for individuals who have recovered from COVID-19: Individuals who have tested positive for COVID-19 should not be tested within 90 days of their original positive test, as results may not accurately reflect their current health status.
- Additional Pop Testing 3.0 information, scheduling, and locations
- FAQs for Pop Testing 3.0
- Weekly testing results
- Post COVID-19 Recovery Information
- COVID-19 Campus Exposure Notifications
- MySHR Troubleshooting Guide
To notify the university of a positive case of Covid-19, please call 213-740-6291 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.