CDC COVID-19 vaccine recommendations have been updated as of April 19, 2023.
- Everyone ages 6 years and older should receive an updated (bivalent) Pfizer or Moderna vaccine. In addition:
- People ages 65 years and older may get an additional updated Pfizer or Moderna vaccine at least 4 months after their first dose of updated vaccine.
- People who are immunocompromised may get an additional updated Pfizer or Moderna vaccine dose at least 2 months after their first dose of updated vaccine. They may receive additional updated doses as needed.
- For young children, multiple doses continue to be recommended. The number of doses depends on the child’s age and which vaccine(s) they already received.
- The original (monovalent) Pfizer and Moderna vaccines are no longer available.
- Novavax vaccine continues to be available. J&J vaccine is available until May 5, 2023.
For more information, see the CDC media statement.
Additional information is available from the LA County Dept. of Public Health.