Individuals under case management at USC Student Health (students, faculty, and staff) will be invited to schedule an antigen test on the early morning of DAY 6 of their isolation period. Individuals must meet both of the following criteria:
- It has been at least 5 days since Day 0 (date of symptom onset, or if asymptomatic, date of positive test)
- You have not had a fever in 24 hours and have not taken any fever reducing medications in the last 24 hours.
- Your symptoms are improving.
An automated message will be sent through MySHR inviting you to schedule. Only individuals under case management with USC Student Health (tested through Pop Testing, or uploaded your positive tests in MySHR), are eligible for the antigen testing program. Antigen test scheduling is subject to availability of tests.
For Telemed Antigen Testing, please see instructions below and follow Steps 1 -3.
A) Hotel-based testing—I am a student in USC-managed isolation accommodations in a hotel.
- For students in USC-managed hotel isolation accommodations, the site management will distribute kits to you. Follow Steps 1-3 in your hotel room for your TeleMed appointment.
B) HSC Pappas Quad Kit pickup—I am an employee/student managing my own isolation at home, and can walk to Pappas Quad.
- For all other individuals under Student Health case management (USC employees, students in isolation at home), if you are isolating at home and are able to walk to campus, you may pick up a kit. You must have a confirmed Day 6 Antigen Testing appointment in MySHR in order to pick up a kit.
- Kit pick up is in Mon-Fri from 2:30PM – 4:30 PM. Stay masked (with a medical-grade mask) at all times and maintain physical distance with others when arranging kit pickup.
Walk-ins will not be accepted for COVID Antigen testing—you must have a confirmed appointment.
All users—Review the video instructions
Carestart kits: https://bit.ly/CareStartDay6
STEP 1: Schedule a test in MySHR
- MySHR > Appointments > COVID-19 Antigen Test for Isolation Clearance.
STEP 2: Prepare your sample collection (within 15 minutes of your appointment) (FOR TELEMED ANTIGEN TESTING ONLY)
- While in isolation, review these video instructions to prepare your sample.
- Prepare the sample within 15 minutes of your appointment time.
- One kit is allocated per person, ONLY USE THE KIT for the purposes of determining early end of the isolation period.
- Do not throw the result away. Hold on to that result and log in to your virtual appointment at your appointment time. A member of the Student Health team will require you to show physical test results via zoom.
- YOUR TEST RESULT IS ONLY GOOD FOR 15 MINUTES. Please make sure you start the testing process no earlier than 15 minutes before your appointment time.
STEP 3: Review and Results Confirmation (At Your Appointment time) (FOR TELEMED ANTIGEN TESTING ONLY)
- Log in for your Telehealth appointment, and a member of the medical team will review your completed results and confirm next instructions.
- Make sure to check-in at your scheduled time – coming earlier or later than your scheduled time could result in your appointment being cancelled.
Appointments may be limited and can only be scheduled up to 24 hours in advance. Walk-ins will not be accepted for COVID Antigen testing appointments. Antigen Testing is closed on Sundays and university holidays. You will only be able to see and schedule this appointment after midnight following day 5 after you tested positive or your symptoms began. If you do not yet see the option in MySHR, try again after midnight.