Project Restart: Trojans Return
Overview of the principles and guidelines for returning to campus, with links to more information
How Do I Return to Campus?
View a checklist that includes the necessary steps to return to campus
General Restart FAQs
Answers to questions about the university’s restart phases, events and activities
Health & Safety FAQs
Returning to campus includes a host of public health guidelines and university best practices
Information about the university’s research restart plan
Faculty Academic FAQs
Information about USC’s plans for a safe return to campus and the classroom for faculty
Student Academic FAQs
Information about USC’s plans for a safe return to campus and the classroom for students
Restart University Housing FAQs
Information about fall university housing, revised policies and expectations.
Watch recordings of Project Restart-focused webinars for students, faculty and staff
General Employee FAQs
Information for employees — both faculty and staff — about the return to campus and the work environment
Financial FAQs for Employees
Answers to questions about retirement contributions, investment planning and USC’s financial situation
Project Restart Working Groups
USC created specialty working groups to develop plans that optimize the return to campus
Latest Restart Updates
- 7/2: Letter to Academic Year 2020/2021 Returning Residents and Pending ApplicantsUSC Housing and Residential Education share the increased health and safety guidelines that all USC Housing residents will be required to follow to ensure a safe and healthy community environment. We are hopeful that this information will allow you to make an informed decision on whether an on-campus living environment or an online experience from your permanent residence is the better choice for you to succeed academically and thrive as an individual during the fall semester.
- 7/1: Letter on Student Housing and Course SchedulesCharles Zukoski, Provost and Senior Vice President for Academic Affairs, and David Wright, Senior Vice President for Administration, share an update on undergraduate classes for fall 2020, including scheduling, and on-campus housing.
- 6/30: COVID-19 Campus Health AdvisoryIn light of the rising COVID-19 cases in Los Angeles, we remind employees on campus to adhere to safe physical distancing and diligent face covering wearing when around co-workers and others on-campus.
- 6/29: Fall 2020 Semester on USC Campuses: Health, Safety and Well-beingOur decisions for the fall semester require that we remain nimble, especially as COVID-19 cases in Southern California continue to rise. Reducing on-campus density in buildings, outdoors and during activities will be needed to ensure your safety and to comply with L.A. County Department of Health guidelines.
- 6/26: Update on COVID-19 Training and Daily Wellness ChecksFelicia Washington, Senior Vice President of Human Resources, and Charles Zukoski, Provost and Senior Vice President for Academic Affairs, share an important update with faculty and staff on COVID-19 training and daily wellness checks.